7 Great Baby Shower Gift Ideas for a Baseball Baby Shower Theme
Trying to select just the right gift for new parents can be a daunting responsibility. This is the chief motive most friends and family hold a baby shower for the new mother. There are quite a few ways open for the new parents to be given the gifts they need. One is a gift registry at a retail baby store or online baby websites. The other is for the baby shower hostess to offer to keep track of which shower guest is bringing which gift.
The principal obstacle can be to choose which of the gifts most needed by the new parents that you can afford to pay for. One way to get more expensive or better quality gifts is to have several people or couples “chip in” together and pay for one main gift. This is a really helpful way for parents without previous children to get some of the larger chief nursery items like cribs, dressers, changing tables, etc. If the new parents already have their nursery setup, then the task of choosing your gift is to some extent easier, but can be just as complicated for those new to the baby shower game. If the new baby is going to be a boy (or even a girl for that matter – and chances are it will be one or the other), what better way to welcome him than with a sports or baseball baby shower theme!
- Diapers are one of the most popular gifts for new parents. After all, who wants to run out of diapers at 2 am? No one, of course. One way to achieve this type of functionality is to purchase a diaper cake. A diaper cake is mainly designed from diapers – either disposable or organic – with small versions of baby products, toys and clothing items used as decorations. All these “ingredients” are designed into a stunning gift that very much resembles an actual cake. It is one way to stock the nursery and still give a stunning gift at the same time.
- Baby Gift Baskets are another inexpensive way to give multiple gifts and help the new parents to stock up on baby supplies, wipes, diapers, keepsakes and clothing items. Now a days there are many matching diaper cake and gift baskets themes so that you can give the gifts to match either the decorations chosen for the baby shower or the room decor of the nursery. There are many options available in gift baskets; there is sure to be one available to match your shower’s theme. The Radio Flyer gift basket shown with this article is available in NY Yankee or Red Sox merchandise.
- Personalized baby items, such as blankets or bodysuits, also make great gifts – if you know the name of the new baby-to-be. When baby outgrows the gift, it will then become a meaningful keepsake for mom to pass down through the family. Purchase these pre-made or if you are good at crafting, buy several items and personalize them yourself for that extra special gift.
- Every baby needs a much loved stuffed animal to go to sleep with. There are so many to choose from and almost all of them are hypo-allergenic. You can’t go wrong with an adorable stuffed teddy bear or other stuffed animal. It will afford years of joy for the new baby.
- Baby clothes are also a logical gift. Be aware of the time of year the baby is expected in. Remember in the summer when it is so very hot, most babies are only wearing bodysuits, diapers and hats. So don’t go overboard on the expensive dresses and playsuits. If the baby is expected in the winter months, then a little more attention to clothing is usual, but again as babies grow so swiftly don’t go overboard on clothing that she/he will possibly only get to wear once or twice.
- Keepsakes make great gifts. Special rattles, cute nightlights, brush, mirror and comb sets, music boxes, picture frames, all are endearing little gifts for the new baby. If they can be personalized with the new baby’s name, all the better. Again, there are plenty of options to match your theme.
- Crib toys are another great gift idea. Babies love stuff that moves and make sounds. For the crib the sounds should be more comforting and less loud than non-crib type toys. No one wants baby awakened during the night by accidentally bumping or rolling over on a noisy toy. Mobiles are great too. In the baby’s early years the basic colors are best – blue, red and yellow. Just choose a theme to match the nursery décor and you will be a hit.
By now you are saying these suggestions would work for any shower theme. And, yep, you’d right!! Any of these gift ideas will make your offering very special indeed. Remember, if you want to give a larger gift basket or chip in on nursery furniture or larger items; be sure to let the baby shower hostess know. That way she can let others who wish to combine forces know who to get in touch with.