Onesie Baby Shower Party Ideas
FABRIC APPLIQUE STATION
- Fabric to decorate (onesie, t-shirt, pillowcase, bib, tote bag etc!)
- Pre-washed/shrunken fabric scraps
- Fusible webbing like HeatNBond or Wonder Under
- Iron and ironing board
- Fabric scissors
- Needle and matching thread (optional, but recommended for items that will receive heavy wear)
- Pre-heat iron on silk setting.
- Cut fusible webbing into a rectangle about the same size as fabric scrap.
- Set fusible webbing, paper side up, on the back of the fabric. Iron lightly for 1-2 seconds.
Ironing on HeatNBond
- Draw or trace shapes onto the paper backing. The final ironed-on shape will be a mirror image, so be sure to draw your letters or other directional shapes backwards.
- Cut out shape.
- Peel off backing paper.
- Place shape right-side up on the onesie in desired spot. Set with iron, 3-5 seconds. (Or follow package directions.)
- Optional: For an ultra long-lasting hold, stitch around the edges of the fabric.